The monastery of Agios Panteleimonas is the most important pilgrimage of Tilos. It is located at an altitude of 450 meters, on a green slope, on the Kriallos Hill. It is about 15 km from the island's harbor and 6.5 km from Megalo Chorio (Big Village). The monastery was built in 1470-1480 by the monk Jonas. Particular impression is given by the ornate temple of the temple and the frescoes in the dome. Also in the temple are ancient Greek columns and capitals from the ancient temple of Poseidon, which was at the same place.
The Monastery celebrates every year on July 27 and the feast, which takes place, lasts three days. There is food and a big feast with traditional music, dances and songs.
Feast Date: 27 July