On the hill of Filerimos, opposite (west) of the monastery of Our Lady stands up the famous Giant Cross which is 18 meters high.
At the Cross leads a paved corridor called "Martyr's Street" or "Golgothas". It is a corridor under the shade of the trees, where 14 engravings on one side depict the Passion of Christ and His Ascension to Calvary.
Characteristic are the beautiful peacocks found in the area, which impress the visitor with their colorful wings.
The existing Filerimos Cross, was built in 1996 and has an iron staircase inside and is 18 meters high. The former Cross was made of stone which was built by the Italians in 1934 and was 30 meters high.
On the hill of Filerimos one reaches through the village of Ialyssos (Trianda), after going through a lush pine forest. It is located southwest of this village and is easy to reach, even for buses. There is also plenty of parking space.